Torre del Lago PucciniTorre del Lago Puccini
Giacomo Puccini is Lucca’s pride.
Such a wonderful artist with such a complicated life. If you’re interested in knowing more about this world-famous opera composer, you can join this tour with our tour guide who’ll tell you everything while showing you the most precious places for the Maestro.
Lucca with its province celebrates this great artist with two festivals: Puccini and his Lucca permanent festival and the Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago taking place during the summer.
Torre del Lago is a small town on the Massaciuccoli lake becoming famous as the place where Puccini had a villa and for its summer Puccini festival in the outdoor theatre on the lake. Puccini called this area “paradise”, a peaceful place where he decided to live in a villa, now a museum, and where he wrote many of his operas. In July and August, the outdoor theatre hosts the Puccini Festival with performances and operas. The theatre is a beautiful setting overlooking the lake and it is surrounded by a sculpture garden.
- Departure to Torre del Lago Puccini by private transport
- Tour of the lake town, Puccini’s villa and the outdoor theatre on the lake.
- Lunch in a restaurant consisting of traditional local menu
- Return to Lucca
Special July and August :
- Departure to Torre del Lago
- * / Dinner in a restaurant consisting of traditional local men
- 21.00 P.M. Entrance
- 21.15 P.M. Opera
- Return to the Hotel by private transfer
* going towards the entrance of the Gran Teatro on the lake by boat, you’ll be able to taste local products (ON REQUEST)